Monday, March 19, 2012

Blaaaaaaaah.

Didn't run yesterday. Was supposed to do 12 miles, but I was too tired. And then I was exhausted ALL. DAY. today. Plus I have to work this evening.

I shouldn't feel guilty about not running, but then I get afraid that somehow all the hard work I've put in will be all null and void and everything will be ruined.

How do you get over that?

(Also, I'm considering giving up wheat for a week just to see what happens. I'm wondering if I maybe have a wheat/gluten sensitivity because my skin is breaking out all the time and I'm often tired, even though I sleep reasonably, I eat well, and I exercise.)

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Steven Cain said...

Hard work + time to recover = improvement.

Hard work + hard work + hard work = knee surgery and burning out.

Seems to me, gluten is the thing to be senseitive to these days. Don't give it much attention. My face broke out more when I was running, too. I'm fairly certain it has to do with how open our pours become, as our bodies warm and sweat, and the road grim that gets trapped in them when they close during our cool down walks... you are doing your cool down walks, aren't you?