Monday, April 9, 2012

The SLC 10-Miler, half a jazz hands, and mah dolly.

I ran the Salt Lake City 10-Miler on Saturday. Not before doing some very specialized warmups.
Some booty-shakin'...
You can't tell, but I'm being a Jet from West Side Story.
A leeeetle flamenco...

And one jazz hand.

Or before taking the special shot that will become the "Pin the Peace Sign on the Asian" game for my birthday party.

After that, though.... we ran.

After about the first two miles of the race, I caught up to this dude (don't worry, he was married) who was maintaining a really pleasant pace, so I stayed with him for the remaining eight miles. I did apologize eventually for being a creeper (which is kind of what I do, and I make no apologies HERE for it), but he didn't seem to mind.

And except for the parts where I had to tie my left shoelace three freaking times (why I didn't double-knot the first time, I'll never know), the running was awesome. My buddy pulled ahead after my third shoelace incident, so I didn't get to run across the finish line at the same time. (He did shake my hand and congratulate me while we were chugging grape juice at the end. Thanks Jim. You da man.)

Can't say the same for this other FOOL who blocked what would've been an epic shot of me leaping into the air, victory signs flashing high and proud. You should've heard the cheers and the manly "Yee-ahs!" that exploded from the crowd for that.

But you will have to settle for this victory pose instead. I was very proud of my 1:35:06.83

And then my fam-bam met me at the end. Mummy, Daddy, and Niecey.
I'm sorry, but there is NO WAY your niece is cuter than mine.

And then I stuffed my face at IHOP. The end.

All photos courtesy of Marie Teemant Photography

4 comments:

Emmy said...

Wonderful story, awesome pictures, and congrats on your time! Sounds like you had a lot of fun :) And yes, your niece is seriously the cutest little thing EVER! I'm kinda jealous she's not MY niece :)

Unknown said...

Great recollection! So glad you had a great time :). Looking forward to getting back after I get my fitness levels up at the gym :).

P.S. Your niece is such a cutie!!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Now I'm inspired!

momnextdoor said...

Good job!! (And you are so pretty!)

Great run time and I'm seriously pissed at that dude for blocking your victory leap! Perhaps you could reenact it? But I do enjoy your victory pose! Well done!